This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which Mactech Energy Group will process personal information provided to us, this information is also referred to as ‘personal data’.
Mactech Energy Group Ltd (Registration number 08946927) of 17/23 Claremont Road, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear, NE26 3TN including, for the purposes of these Terms, Our branch offices and Our subsidiary companies (as defined by s.1159 Companies Act 2006) or associated bodies corporate (as defined by s.256 Companies Act 2006), (“We”, “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us in connection with Our recruitment, employment and payroll processes for and on behalf of ourselves and Our clients. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the version of the GDPR retained in UK law (the “UK GDPR”) the Data Controller is Mactech Energy Group Ltd with its subsidiaries, ME Global Resources Ltd, ME Project Payroll Solutions Ltd, Mactech Inspection Ltd and ME Project Management Ltd being Data processors.
Where you express an interest or, you apply for a job opening posted by Us or engage in any other services, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to Our processing of your personal information. Where necessary your data may be collected, stored and shared across Mactech Energy Group Ltd and its subsidiaries ME Global Resources Ltd, ME Project Payroll Solutions Ltd, Mactech Inspection Ltd and ME Project Management Ltd.
Where you express interest or, apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from Us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s Privacy Notice.
Your Personal Information
Information We collect from you
We may be required to handle several types of information, including details of current, past and prospective employees, suppliers, clients, other people and organisations that we communicate with, and data supplied to us by customers.
We may collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you. This is not an exhaustive list:
- Information that you provide when you express an interest or apply for a role. This includes information provided via our website and our databases, an online job site, email, phone, in person at interviews and/or by any other method
- In particular, We process personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications, experience, nationality, information relating to your employment history, skills experience that you provide to Us, as well as your video in case you conduct your interview using the Video Interview feature
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that We may conduct
- Details of your visits to Our Website, database and Social Media Profiles including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Our Website and the resources that you access
- Details required to comply with lawful obligations such as sponsorship Visa and other right to work or identity information
- Details required to comply with lawful obligations for reporting to HMRC and Information Commissioners Office as well as processing payroll. Such as bank details, pensions, National Insurance and tax information
- Details required for employment onboarding and security clearance such as address history, Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate, next of kin details, health and medical information.
- Details required for accessing employment benefits such as health insurance and company car use
- Details and information required to allow Us to make bookings on your behalf where necessary. For example, overnight accommodation and travel arrangements etc.
Cookies are simple text files that are stored on computers and mobile devices. Each cookie is unique to a web browse and will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, websites domain name, and some digits and numbers. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
What type of cookies do we use
Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website and submitting data to our CRM. For example, the allow us to recognise that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access content, or viewed a job advert and/or submitted a CV to us.
Functionality cookies let us operate our site and CRM in accordance with the choices you make. For example, we will recognise your username and remember how you customised the site during future visits.
Analytical cookies enable us and third-parties services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use our website and CRM. These cookies do not contain personal information and are used to help us improve your user experience.
Information We collect from other sources
Advertising Agencies, online jobsites such as Socially Recruited, Total Jobs and Indeed provides Us with the facility to link the data you provide to Us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
We will search various databases – some publicly available and others not, which may include your personal data (include your CV or Resumé), to find possible candidates to fill Our job openings. Where We find you in this way, We will obtain your personal data from these sources.
We may receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for Our business more generally.
Uses made of your Information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest, contractual and legal obligation as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff on behalf of clients. Our contractual obligations concern the employment of candidates and Our legal obligations include the employment of candidates, processing of payroll services and reporting to government and regulatory authorities.
Where you apply for a job opening through any apply functionality, We rely on your consent, which is freely given by you during the application process, to disclose your personal data on the basis described below.
Purposes of processing
We may use information held about you in the following ways. This is not an exhaustive list:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied or in respect of other roles
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process
- To enhance any information that We receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers
- To find appropriate candidates to fill Our job openings
- To help ourselves, service providers and Partners (such as the job sites through which you may have applied) improve services
- To retain a record of our dealings
- To provide information to regulatory authorities or statutory bodies, and legal or other professional advisers including insurers
- To conduct employment onboarding, security clearance and payroll services on behalf of ourselves and our clients
- For employment monitoring and duty of care
- To carry out due diligence such as credit and background checks
- To make and receive payments
Automated decision making/profiling
We do not use any automated decision-making software.
Disclosure of your Information
As set out above, We pass your information to our third party service providers, who use it only in accordance with Our instructions and as otherwise required by law. Where you have applied for a role that requires security clearance, We may share your data with a third party to carry out this process.
Where you have applied for a job opening through an Apply functionality, and where you have consented to this disclosure, We will disclose certain personal data that We hold, including but not limited to a unique identifier used to identify you, and information about your progress through our hiring process for the applicable job opening, as well as tangible, intangible, visual, electronic, present, or future information that We hold about you, such as your name, contact details and other information involving analysis of data relating to you as an applicant for employment (collectively “Disposition Data”).
Where you have applied to a job opening through another service provider, We may disclose data similar to the Disposition Data defined above to such service provider. The service provider shall be the data controller of this data and shall therefore be responsible for complying with all applicable law in respect of the use of that data following its transfer by Us.
How We store your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept and transferred securely. We have security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We provide Physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where We store and the transfer of your Personal Data
We will primarily store personal data in our CRM which operates both web and mobile based services. We may also retain data on our website and internal systems, which is stored in secure cloud and servers. Data may be transferred between our internal databases and systems.
The data that We collect from you and process may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK or the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK or the EEA who work for Us or for one of Our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Where We have acted on behalf of a client to process your data and carry out a service, such as processing payroll, recruitment and security clearance, We may transfer your data to them both during and on termination of our contractual obligations. The client shall be the data controller of this data and shall therefore be responsible for complying with all applicable law in respect of the use of that data following its transfer by Us.
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or the transfer of all or part of Our assets to a third party, We may need to transfer your information to a third party. Any transfer will be subject to the agreement of the third party to this Privacy Notice and any processing being only in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If you would like further information, please contact Us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom OR EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
How long We keep your Personal Data
We will hold all the data for up to 6 years, or for as long as reasonably required to comply with legal obligations.
Your personal information will be destroyed (*unless exempt under legal obligations and public task) in a secure manner if one of the following occurs:
- deletion of your personal information by you (or by another person engaged by the Customer); or
- receipt of a request by you (or another person engaged by the Customer) to Us
- The retention period expires
- cookies placed on your device will be readable by our site until they expire, or you clear them or dispose of your device.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and the UK GDPR, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require Us to correct any mistakes in your information which We hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to Our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict Our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by Our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the UK GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact Us using Our Contact details below
- let Us have enough information to identify you,
- let Us have proof of your identity and address, and
- let Us know the information to which your request relates.
How to complain
We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about Our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation and the UK GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular (under the GDPR) in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint or telephone: 0303 123 1113