HVAC Technical Issue Project Engineer
Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater – Hybrid (3 days site 2 days WFH)
Permanent Opportunity – Salary up to £75k
We are working for a substantial project that is building a new energy power station which is one of the UK’s largest construction projects. We currently require a HVAC Technical Issue Project Engineer for cabling and associated support services. This innovative approach will help different contractors work as a single entity to deliver the complex installation of cabling and pipework in the power station’s 2,500 rooms.
As a HVAC Technical Issue Project Engineer, we are looking for someone a candidate who can solve technical issues in relation to the design of HVAC systems. We require someone who can support the design delivery process and identify and assess risks that can affect the MEH programme delivery. Experience of working in a nuclear environment advantageous.
- Working as part of the HVAC team.
- Assisting with the delivery of the design, procurement and manufacture of HVAC systems.
- Focus on the design and manufacture of the ductwork.
- Providing Technical support for suppliers.
- Reviewing and accepting technical documentation
- Solving technical issues relating to the design of HVAC systems
- Supporting the design delivery process and, where required, participating in handover gate reviews to provide technical input to the risk assessment of any remaining design configuration issues at each stage.
- Experience in the HVAC systems, providing input, advice and guidance on HVAC equipment.
- Working knowledge of codes and standards.
- Will be able to solve technical issues relating to the design of HVAC systems.
- Ideally the candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in a nuclear or a related safety critical field.
- HNC or equivalent in HVAC / Building Services is advantageous.
In return you will receive
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance.
- Share ownership scheme.