**North West England**
**Attractive salary and benefits package**
Mactech require a Materials Engineer for a client based in North West England. The successful candidate will work within the Inspection and Certification Group Technical section responsible for technical matters related to materials and providing support to the clients site and extended supply chain.
- Provision of materials engineering technical support to inspection teams covering on and offsite build, maintenance and asset care.
- Materials selection advice to new build project work.
- Review and approval of manufacturing procedures.
- Subject matter expert contribution to technical challenges, use of new technology and improvements/innovation including development work, there’s a particular emphasis on corrosion.
- Audit and investigation of plant and manufacturing issues.
- Processing of Technical Queries/Concessions within the materials discipline.
- Input into the writing of new specifications and the revision of existing in-house standards.
- Delivery of technical training to existing work force, graduate trainees, and company apprentices where necessary.