Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Hinkley Point C, Somerset
Long term opportunity
Mechanical Maintenance Technician required to be part of an expanding multidiscipline team responsible for planning and executing maintenance on equipment that will be required to build Hinkley Point C Power Station. The role will primarily be focused on maintaining equipment in warehouse facilities, this may well extend to performing maintenance activities on plant and equipment on site which has been handed over from installation contractors. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering maintenance to required standards set by the equipment suppliers and company.
- The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be required to adhere to company policies, procedures and protocols for construction, health & safety and Quality.
- Ensure all Preservation and Maintenance activities are delivered to company standards, Supplier requirements, Statutory and Regulatory requirements, and Industry best practices.
- Integrate and build relationships with Company Warehouse Service Provider, Equipment Suppliers, Installation contractors, construction delivery teams and other key stakeholders on the site.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Ensure maintenance arrangements support compliance with regulatory, company policies and industry best practice; attend internal and external committees, working groups, forums, and meetings.
- Establish, manage, and execute equipment Preservation and Maintenance programmes., whilst promoting the highest standards of safety, quality and efficiency for preservation and maintenance.
- Review Preservation and Maintenance strategies provided by suppliers and translate them into maintenance tasks using the company Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system.
Integrate and build relationships with key stakeholders to enable delivery of maintenance activities to supplier/company standards.
- Support continuous improvement by identifying and reporting events, areas for improvement and good practices to enhance performance.
- You will have served a recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent in a Mechanical discipline with a minimum of 4 years post Apprenticeship experience working in heavy industry.
- Experience of using an EAM system for delivering maintenance programmes would be an advantage.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ post apprenticeship experience delivering maintenance within Electrical/Mechanical discipline.
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 qualified in an Mechanical discipline.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.