Technical Manager (Nuclear, QC, Survey)
UK (remote working opportunity)
Salary range £62,000 to £78,000 plus benefits package
Lead, develop and coach surveyors within a defined region and assist the Service Delivery Team Leader/Senior Surveyor in charge with daily service delivery activities. Contribute day to day specialist knowledge within own discipline and assess complex problems for external and internal clients to determine a range of alternative solutions to maximise opportunities for business growth and development with existing clients and improve competitive position.
- Deputise for the Service Delivery Team Leader/Senior Surveyor In Charge (SSIC) (where required) ensuring the necessary responsibilities are adhered to.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of surveyors to ensure that they deliver an effective service that complies with KPIs and local business plans. Includes recruitment, performance management, talent/succession planning, training and development to build and sustain a high-performance culture.
- Mentor and coach team members to build capacity, capability and support networks to effectively leverage knowledge transfer and application.
- Produce deliverable to the agreed schedule, budget and quality levels within an appropriate format and take responsibility to review and monitor other employees’ work as necessary. Provide support/advice within area of specialist knowledge to internal and external clients. Discuss and present deliverables with internal/external clients at a senior level and suggest alternative solutions where necessary.
- Assess/recommend the time/value of the work to be undertaken for an external client within an agreed fee/cost structure and within commercial aspects of the contract. Prepare quotations and put contracts in place with clients.
- Technical decision maker in cooperation with TQM
- Participate / Attend Technical meetings with the client, diverse stakeholder (to be outlined and agreed)
- Technical leadership and guidance on all Technical issues (supporting Lead Surveyors & Surveyors & site personnel)
- Build / Participate / Attend technical work shops, internally and externally
- Review / Overview of Technical caveats & exclusions
- Conformity assessment review, participation / lead task force
- Identify project resource needs (Technical competency requirements) – This does not include authorisation codes or SQEP Approvals.
- Creation, Review, approval and monitoring of Surveillance plans
- Creation, Review, approval and monitoring of intervention plans
- Work closely with All Technical Teams to create guidance notes and work instructions
- Support activity monitoring of inspectors / surveyors
- Review and provide feedback to the PM team on project technical specifications
- Sampling and Review of Inspection Release Note documentation packs prepared by Lead Surveyors
- Input into project PCB and CPM
- Support TQM Team where required (UKAS Audits)
- Support tasks relevant to the successful delivery of the Conformity Assessment in his scope of work
- Organize, leads regular internal technical meeting with the teams (LS & S) to make sure the process are known, understood and implemented at all levels
- Leads a surveillance program to check that the technical process are implemented ( cross review of docs, reports, surveillance audit, cross inspection, Milestone Review